pg_ctlcluster not logging error (memory problem likely)

От Tony Webb
Тема pg_ctlcluster not logging error (memory problem likely)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I'm trying to find out why my cluster won't start. It looks like I'm
pushing up max_connections too high although I think my memory and
semaphore settings are OK. Thing is, when the cluster fails to start I
can't see any errors in pg_log or in /var/log/messages.

When the cluster is up and running it seems to write normally to these
locations.

Could pg_ctlcluster be writing somewhere else? can I do something to see
more verbose messages (more than the empty string) other than setting
log parameters in postgres.conf?

I'm running 8.3 on Debian btw.

Cheers

Pif