Re: Re: Data type confusion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Data type confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I don't want to go through a bunch of non-ANSI SQL-compliant conversion
> functions to do it.  Especially not as this is just what the ANSI SQL
> data type and operator specs are designed to support.

Curiously enough, ANSI doesn't define an INTERVAL-divided-by-INTERVAL
function either.  Also, it rather looks like ANSI adopted the position
Peter E. expressed:
        Year-month intervals are mutually comparable only with other year-        month intervals. [...]
Day-timeintervals are mutually comparable only with other day-        time intervals. [...]        Operations involving
itemsof type datetime require that the date-        time items be mutually comparable. Operations involving items of
   type interval require that the interval items be mutually compara-        ble.

        regards, tom lane