Re: [HACKERS] kqueue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] kqueue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> This just says it doesn't lock up, of course.  I've not attempted
> any performance-oriented tests.

I've now done some light performance testing -- just stuff like
pgbench -S -M prepared -c 20 -j 20 -T 60 bench

I cannot see any improvement on either FreeBSD 12 or NetBSD 8.1,
either as to net TPS or as to CPU load.  If anything, the TPS
rate is a bit lower with the patch, though I'm not sure that
that effect is above the noise level.

It's certainly possible that to see any benefit you need stress
levels above what I can manage on the small box I've got these
OSes on.  Still, it'd be nice if a performance patch could show
some improved performance, before we take any portability risks
for it.