Re: Strange message followed by server crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange message followed by server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Donald Fraser" <postgres@kiwi-fraser.net> writes:
> "Tom Lane" writes:
>> Given that this sounds like it won't be easy to reproduce, I'm hoping
>> you have a core file left from that and can get a stack trace from it.

> Where would I look for a core file?
> There's nothing unusual in the data directory, nothing in the /tmp =
> directory?

Normally it would go into the $PGDATA/base/NNN subdirectory for the
database the backend was connected to.  A very few systems (OS X for
instance) drop cores into a dedicated system-wide directory called
/cores or some such.  If you're not finding anything, it's probably
because the postmaster was launched under "ulimit -c 0" or local
equivalent spelling --- a lot of systems have a policy of launching
daemons that way.

> If there isn't a core file, how would I go about ensuring one is created =
> next time? (touch wood there wont be one).

Put "ulimit -c unlimited" into the script that launches the postmaster,
and restart it.

Сообщение: Re: Strange message followed by server crash
Сообщение: Re: Strange message followed by server crash