Re: Strange message followed by server crash

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: Strange message followed by server crash
Дата
Re: Strange message followed by server crash  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin

"Tom Lane" writes:
>And what do you make of the apparent junk on the log line?  (What's
>your log_line_prefix exactly?)
The log messages are good, log prefix is: <%u %p %t %x>
"1Tmenteshvili" is actually a user login name... don't ask.

>Given that this sounds like it won't be easy to reproduce, I'm hoping
>you have a core file left from that and can get a stack trace from it.
>That would give us some clue where to look.

Where would I look for a core file?
There's nothing unusual in the data directory, nothing in the /tmp directory?

I had my email turned off yesterday and PostgreSQL restarted itself so I didn't find out about the crash till this morning when I logged in.
Everything seems to have be running smoothly since then...
If there isn't a core file, how would I go about ensuring one is created next time? (touch wood there wont be one).

Regards
Donald Fraser

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Is the server running on host "192.168.2.111" and accepting TCP/IP conn
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Strange message followed by server crash