Re: Why so long between archive calls?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why so long between archive calls?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Chris Hoover" <revoohc@gmail.com> writes:
> Currenty, there are no .ready files in the pg_xlog/archive_status file.

Well, that explains why the archiver thinks it has nothing to do.

> Like I mentioned, the db server was stoped and restarted on 9/5 am, but the
> oldest unarchived log file is:
> -rw-------  1 postgres postgres 16M Sep  1 04:04 0000000100000197000000F1

Are you sure that's an unarchived file, and not a file waiting to be
used later?  What's the current WAL endpoint address?  (pg_controldata
would tell you ... but your trace showed 000000010000019700000078 being
archived, which would suggest that this one is just waiting to be reused.)
Have you got a particularly large checkpoint_segments setting?