Re: Why so long between archive calls?

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Why so long between archive calls?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Currenty, there are no .ready files in the pg_xlog/archive_status file.

Like I mentioned, the db server was stoped and restarted on 9/5 am, but the oldest unarchived log file is:
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres 16M Sep  1 04:04 0000000100000197000000F1

I'm not sure what is going on, since the db was stopped and restarted, there should be no hanging transactions.  I would have believed all of the archive files from before the reboot would have been archived by now.

Let me know if I can provide you with further information.  This is my development/non-production db server, so I do have a little bit of lattitude on what I do with it.

Chris

On 9/6/06, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Chris Hoover" < revoohc@gmail.com> writes:
> Right now, I have 510 log files waiting to be archived totaling 8GB.
> Why is the server so far behind?

Good question.  The trace shows the archiver scanning pg_xlog/archive_status/
and apparently not finding any .ready files.  What do you see in that
directory?

Сообщение: Re: Why so long between archive calls?
Сообщение: Re: Why so long between archive calls?