Re: Advise on dropping TEMP table/schema for my use case

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Advise on dropping TEMP table/schema for my use case
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:06 AM, Gnanakumar <gnanam@zoniac.com> wrote:
>>
>> So, now we've decided to either DROP TABLE pg_temp_xx.FOO or DROP SCHEMA
>> pg_temp_xx explicitly just before closing the connection (after step 3 and
>> before step 4), so that it'll not be visible for the next database
>> connection request. �My question is, which one of the option is recommended
>> and why?

> Why can't you just do:
> DROP TABLE FOO;

Or if you don't want to remember what you've created, update to 8.3+
so you can use DISCARD?  (Or really, so that pg_pool can use DISCARD
... it should be the connection pooler's responsibility to ensure that
you get a clean-looking session.)

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8