Re: FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 03:58:20PM +0200, Sandy Test wrote:
>> We want to be able to run a nightly backup using the pg_dump command.
>>
>> Unfortunately, even with the pg_hba.conf fix of adding host postgres ...
>> trust,
>>
>> It still asks for a password.

> pg_hba sometimes surprises people because of its matching rules.

If it is asking for a password, and password authentication is what's
supposed to be used, then pg_hba is not where the problem is.  What
I think is that the OP has placed his client-side pgpass file in the
wrong place, or given it the wrong name, or the wrong permissions,
or the wrong contents.

I'm not too sure what the right name or place is on Windows, though,
so I have to defer to those who use that platform for more detailed
help.

Сообщение: Re: FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8
Сообщение: Re: FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8