Re: 8.0 beta1 and XP SP2

От Oleg Letsinsky
Тема Re: 8.0 beta1 and XP SP2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi Magnus and everyone,

> Are both MySQL and PgSQL Win32 on the same machine, or two different
> machines?

They are on the same machine.

> Is the machine still pegged at 100% CPU, or is the CPU idle? What about
> the I/O?

Sorry for not mentioning this before - after SP2 installation CPU
utilization has dropped almost to zero. Even task manager consumes more
CPU than both BD's. But the HD activity is still quite high. I can send
perfmon log for CPU/Memory/Network/Physical Disk to anyone who
interested. 5 phases: database setup through psql/idle time/my script
works for a couple of minutes/idle/database restored through pg_restore.
Just 26 kb in bzip'ed form :)

> Does  your  script  run  with  just one connection, or does it open new
> connections often?

No, sure it creates DB connections on the start. TCPView confirms this -
no connection has been made since the start.

>> Some details on the system - WinXP Pro, P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 200GB SATA
>> Seagate drive. I've disabled that firewall thingy  and data execution
>> prevention - again, nothing has changed.  I'm out of ideas...

> With disable firewall I assume you mean disable completely, and not just
> set "postgres can do whatevever it wants"? If not, disable it completely
> :-)

I even stopped and disabled the firewall service. Doesn't help much.

> Are you running any antivirus on the machine? If so, try uninstalling
> that too. I've seen AV products behave pretty differently on SP1 and
> SP2...

Tried that as well. Uninstalled TCPView Pro. Removed QoS from network
connections. Still nothing.

--
  Oleg Letsinsky,
  Software Developer