Re: Makefile support for Mac OS X Fat Binaries?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Makefile support for Mac OS X Fat Binaries?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Gregory Stark wrote:
>> We've been through this once already. You can't do it (cleanly) with just
>> Makefile hackery. The architectures have different endianness and possibly
>> other ABI differences. To handle that cleanly you have to run configure once
>> for each architecture and build each architecture with the appropriate
>> config.h.
>>
> Could we then combine the executables into one 4-way fat binary ?

Maybe you need to be thinking about a script that is "outside" the build
system: run the configure/make/make install process 4 times, then
combine the results.  You could use the fact that some file is not the
same in all 4 install trees as the trigger driving a combination
process.  (Shades of multilib RPMs ...)