Re: Makefile support for Mac OS X Fat Binaries?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Makefile support for Mac OS X Fat Binaries?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Gregory Stark wrote:

> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>
>> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
>>> would the community accept a patch that would allow the making of 4-way fat
>>> binaries on Mac OS X 10.5+? (Obviously for 8.4+).
>>
>> Depends on how big and ugly it is, I think.  If you can do it just by
>> hacking CFLAGS and friends, sure; if it's as invasive as the Windows
>> build machinery, definitely not; in between, we'd have to see it.
>
> We've been through this once already. You can't do it (cleanly) with just
> Makefile hackery. The architectures have different endianness and possibly
> other ABI differences. To handle that cleanly you have to run configure once
> for each architecture and build each architecture with the appropriate
> config.h.

Could we then combine the executables into one 4-way fat binary ?

I'll see what I come up with.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Makefile support for Mac OS X Fat Binaries?
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Anyone tried PG with Perl 5.10?