find_typedef alternative that works on mainstream systems

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема find_typedef alternative that works on mainstream systems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I just came across objdump -W which dumps the DWARF info from a object
file.  This is useful to build a typedef file for pgindent.  It can be
used like this:

objdump  -W $object_file | \
awk '/DW_TAG_/ { grab=0 } /DW_TAG_typedef/ { grab=1 } /DW_AT_name/ { if (grab) { print $0 } }' | \
sort | \
uniq

I am disappointed by the fact that our current find_typedef script only
works on Bruce's rare platforms -- and we stopped shipping a "standard"
typedef file, which makes the problem worse.