Re: problem with pg_statistic_relid_att_index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with pg_statistic_relid_att_index
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Tony Da Silva" <tony@altonet.co.za> writes:
> When I log into pgsql I see this:
> ERROR:  Invalid page header in block 3 of pg_statistic_relid_att_index

I can't think of any reason that a simple connection attempt would be
trying to read pg_statistic.  Perhaps you have some nontrivial query
in your ~/.psqlrc?  If so try taking that out.

If that doesn't work you might have to resort to setting
zero_damaged_pages in postgresql.conf, but that's a pretty dangerous
tool --- it might zap pages you weren't expecting it to.  Don't
keep it on any longer than you absolutely have to.

Once you do get into the DB you should be able to just REINDEX
pg_statistic to fix the problem.  (In 7.3 you might have to use a
standalone backend for that, I don't recall for sure.)

> Welcome to psql 7.3.4, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Egad.  You do know that 7.3 was up to 7.3.21 before we obsoleted it?
If your DB is unrecoverable because of some data-eating bug that was
fixed in the past four-plus years, you're not going to get a lot of
sympathy.