Re: A quick warning on the win32 build scripts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A quick warning on the win32 build scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> The cause turns out to be the automatic .DEF file generation. It skips
> DEF file generation if a DEF file already exists, even if the
> object/sources are newer than the existing DEF file.

Um, so can't we fix that?  It seems like a rather basic expectation of a
build process that it will rebuild dependent files when needed.

> This makes me even more in favour of applying the patch proposed a while
> ago, to add explicit API exports to all the contrib modules.

This seems to me to be similar to proposing that we all write assembly
language because somebody's build system can't be trusted to regenerate
.o files when .c files are changed.