Re: CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr> writes:
> I know it is feature freeze, so forgive me for this (ancien) question : would
> it possible to add CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW and CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER in
> current PostgreSQL 7.2 release?

No.  RC1 is *tomorrow*, and we're not pushing it back to add features.

> Otherwise, it will take another year before
> these long-needed features are added.

I'd like to ask people not to adopt the mindset that PG releases are a
year apart.  I know it's been that way for the last two, but the project
goals are still to have a release every four-to-six months.  If we go
into the development cycle with the notion that the next release is a
year out, it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.