CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear community, dear friends,

I know it is feature freeze, so forgive me for this (ancien) question : would
it possible to add CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW and CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER in
current PostgreSQL 7.2 release? Otherwise, it will take another year before
these long-needed features are added.

Is this really a difficult hack?

If not possible, we will be obliged to hack pgAdmin II to add virtual create
/ drop statements. And hack it back when the features are added natively to
PostgreSQL. This is not the way we should do it.

Please help :)

There can be up to 4000 download of pgAdmin a month. If pgAdmin II were
published on public download sites, possibly bundled with a Cygwin PostgreSQL
installer, the number could easily reach 10.000 a month. Maybe more.

So please consider CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW / TRIGGER are important features
for 7.2, not 7.3.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE