Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 01:25:36AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So that leads to the conclusion that I wouldn't want an automatic
>> pgindent check to happen during "make all" or "make check", because
>> I want those things to succeed before I consider pgindent'ing.
>> Maybe it's okay to include it as part of check-world, but I'm
>> not quite sure about that either.

> Another possibility would be to hide the test behind a PG_TEST_EXTRA.

Yeah.  I'm not quite sure what's a good way to make this work, but
it seems like having "make check-world" always invoke it would not
be desirable.  Making that conditional on an environment variable
setting could be a better idea, perhaps?