Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/9/24 3:20 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> In short, I don't think that putting this into CI is the answer.
> Putting it into committers' standard workflow is a better idea,
> if we can get all the committers on board with that.

FWIW, that's the approach that go takes - not only for committing to go
itself, but it is *strongly* recommended[1] that anyone writing any code
in go makes running `go fmt` a standard part of their workflow. In my
experience, it makes collaborating noticably easier because you never
need to worry about formatting differences. FYI, vim makes this easy via
vim-autoformat[2] (which also supports line-by-line formatting if the
format tool allows it); presumably any modern editor has similar support.

1: Literally 3rd item at https://go.dev/doc/effective_go
2: https://github.com/vim-autoformat/vim-autoformat
--
Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Austin TX

Сообщение: Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI
Сообщение: Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI