Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 4:42 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> > On 9 Jan 2024, at 22:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > In short, I don't think that putting this into CI is the answer.
> > Putting it into committers' standard workflow is a better idea,
> > if we can get all the committers on board with that.
>
> +many

I think we need to do that, too, but the question is how. The best
suggestion I've heard so far was to make it part of the build, or part
of the test suite, so that if you don't do it, some part of what you
were going to do anyway actually fails. That avoids making it an extra
step that you have to remember separately. We have an absolutely
insane number of things-you-must-always-remember-to-do.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com