Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add BF member koel-like indentation checks to SanityCheck CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
John Naylor <johncnaylorls@gmail.com> writes:
> Off the top of my head, I like to use '//' comments as quick notes to
> myself that stand out from normal code comments, and I'm in the habit
> of putting debug print statements flush against the left margin so
> they're really obvious. Both of these would be wiped out by pgindent.

+1.  I do both of those things, partly because pgindent would reformat
them so that it'd be obvious if I forgot to remove them.  (Yes, I
look at the diffs pgindent wants to make...)

So that leads to the conclusion that I wouldn't want an automatic
pgindent check to happen during "make all" or "make check", because
I want those things to succeed before I consider pgindent'ing.
Maybe it's okay to include it as part of check-world, but I'm
not quite sure about that either.