Re: Performance issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pascal Van Puymbroeck <pascal.vanpuymbroeck@zenonproductions.be> writes:
> I would like to solve a strange behaviour I encountered using Postgresql
> 8.0.1 on windows.  Connecting to the database is OK, but when running a
> query to the database, its terribly slow.  The fact is that I need the
> database to be running on the same machine, my application is.

There was a recent thread that came to the conclusion that loopback TCP
connections are remarkably slow on Windows unless you've installed the
correct add-on package --- something not tremendously obvious, I think
it was a "QOS" patch or maybe something to do with packet filtering.
Check the archives of the various pgsql lists.  I forget which list but
it was just a couple weeks ago.