Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "create implicit sequence" crashes postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mike Williams <mike.williams@comodo.com> writes:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2008 11:04:07 Mike Williams wrote:
>> Compiling postgresql non-hardened allows me to create any table I like, and
>> throw a couple hundred meg of data and schema at it in one go.

> Seems to be a problem specific to stack smashing protection.

At this point I think you're dealing with a Gentoo-specific compiler bug.
You need to report it to the appropriate channels in that project.

You probably don't really want to hear this, but a lot of people around
here consider Gentoo a poor choice for running servers.  That distro's
emphasis is on bleeding edge features/performance, which is an admirable
goal, but you pay a price in stability.