Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
<> writes:
> in our db system (for a website), i notice performance boosts after a vacuum
> full. but then, a VACUUM FULL takes 50min+ during which the db is not really
> accessible to web-users. is there another way to perform maintenance tasks
> AND leaving the db fully operable and accessible?

You're not doing regular vacuums often enough.

Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(