Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(

Тема: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
   Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance  (Markus Schaber, )

> That does sound like a lack-of-vacuuming problem.  If the performance
> goes back where it was after VACUUM FULL, then you can be pretty sure
> of it.  Note that autovacuum is not designed to fix this for you: it
> only ever issues regular vacuum not vacuum full.

in our db system (for a website), i notice performance boosts after a vacuum
full. but then, a VACUUM FULL takes 50min+ during which the db is not really
accessible to web-users. is there another way to perform maintenance tasks
AND leaving the db fully operable and accessible?

thanks,
thomas

Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(