Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:

>>in our db system (for a website), i notice performance boosts after a vacuum
>>full. but then, a VACUUM FULL takes 50min+ during which the db is not really
>>accessible to web-users. is there another way to perform maintenance tasks
>>AND leaving the db fully operable and accessible?
>
> You're not doing regular vacuums often enough.

It may also help to increase the max_fsm_pages setting, so postmaster
has more memory to remember freed pages between VACUUMs.

HTH,
Markus

Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance