Re: 9.1 release notes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.1 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> In terms of future releases, I think we'd probably need to work a bit
> harder on the alpha release notes if we want to avoid the full release
> note generation process.  That may be a good thing for us to consider
> in the future, but at least for this release I'd say we weren't quite
> there.

To my mind, one of the core ideas about the alpha releases was to be
able to pop them out with minimal overhead.  It's *already* the case
that generating release notes is the most expensive part of the alpha
release process --- in fact, I'd venture that it's 90% or more of the
effort, just to produce the kind of notes we've produced for the past
alphas.  I can't see that we're going to put significantly more effort
than that into them.