Re: 9.1 release notes

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: 9.1 release notes
Дата
Re: 9.1 release notes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I have completed and committed my draft of the 9.1 release notes.  They
> will be continually updated and improved as we reach final release.
>
> What information should we take from the alpha release notes, and do we
> feel the alpha release notes are close enough to the ones I drafted that
> we can try avoiding my full release note generation in the future?

I took a crack at moving the useful details from the alpha release
notes into the regular ones, which I do believe are better overall
than the alpha ones.  Feel free to adjust as needed.  At this point, I
think we should nuke the alpha release notes; I don't see any value in
having two versions around.

In terms of future releases, I think we'd probably need to work a bit
harder on the alpha release notes if we want to avoid the full release
note generation process.  That may be a good thing for us to consider
in the future, but at least for this release I'd say we weren't quite
there.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company