Re: Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!

От ITS ONT Alcazar, Jose Aguedo C
Тема Re: Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!
Дата
Re: Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Tom, as i've said in my previous eMail, I have no background on postgresql.
can you help me on how to restart this? my apologies for my zero knowledge,
but i really need this to work. thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:50 PM
To: ITS ONT Alcazar, Jose Aguedo C
Cc: Tim Allen; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!

"ITS ONT Alcazar, Jose Aguedo C" <jacalcazar@exportbank.com.ph> writes:
> Hi Tom! The hard disk space right now is 96%, according to them
(sysadmins)
> it should work now. But, its not displaying anything in the website. They
> have cleared the said pg_xlog after making backups. They issued mv
> *filename* /directory (for backup) and cat null > *filename* (for creating
> file). Please help. Need to work on this ASAP. Thanks!

Well, if they were smart enough to keep a copy, then just moving the
copy back should make it possible to restart the postmaster.

What happens exactly when you try to start the postmaster?

Сообщение: Re: Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!
Сообщение: Re: Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!