Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside
Дата
Re: TODO: Add a GUC to control whether BEGIN inside  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I would say that a GUC variable for such behavior as listed in the TODO
> is overzealous. We should either enforce it, or not. As we do not now,
> there is no reason imo to change it.

Not only is it overzealous, but the proposal to have one reflects a
failure to learn from history.  GUC variables that change
transaction-boundary semantics are a bad idea, period: see autocommit.