Re: Grant all to Public & adding users

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Grant all to Public & adding users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Marc Mitchell" <marcm@eisolution.com> writes:
> We have existing database where several tables have GRANT ALL TO PUBLIC.
> However, when new users are added, they seem to get privilege problem until
> another GRANT ALL TO PUBLIC is issued.  If this is truly the case (and
> we're not crazy) then each time a new user is added, new GRANTs will have
> to be executed.  Is this correct?

It shouldn't behave that way, no.  PUBLIC isn't an explicit list of
users but an implicit "everybody" class.  I suspect you have
misdescribed your problem.  There have been other known bugs in
privilege-manipulation though.  What PG version are you using?
Can you give an exact example of a sequence that causes a problem?