Re: PGOPTS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PGOPTS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> writes:
> All I could find similar to PGOPTS was PGOPTIONS. Are they equivalent?  If they are, would it be
> safe to use PGOPTIONS in-place of PGOPTS in the /etc/conf.d/postgresql conf file?

There is no such animal as PGOPTS referenced anywhere in the current
Postgres source tree, so I'm not entirely sure what you think PGOPTS
does.  If you are looking at the current postgresql RPM init script,
its PGOPTS is nothing more than a local shell variable in that script,
and it does nothing except what you see the script do with it (ie,
pass some command-line switches to the postmaster).