Обсуждение: PGOPTS

PGOPTS

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
Is anyone aware of documentation that describes what the valid parameters for the PGOPTS variable
are and how they are used?

Regards,

Richard

Re: PGOPTS

Дата:
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> Is anyone aware of documentation that describes what the valid parameters for the PGOPTS variable
> are and how they are used?

I see it mentioned in the configuration and libpq sections of the
manual.  It allows you to pass parameters to the startup of the backend.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

Re: PGOPTS

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
All I could find similar to PGOPTS was PGOPTIONS. Are they equivalent?  If they are, would it be
safe to use PGOPTIONS in-place of PGOPTS in the /etc/conf.d/postgresql conf file?

--- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> > Is anyone aware of documentation that describes what the valid parameters for the PGOPTS
> variable
> > are and how they are used?
>
> I see it mentioned in the configuration and libpq sections of the
> manual.  It allows you to pass parameters to the startup of the backend.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
>   EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com
>
>   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

Re: PGOPTS

Дата:
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> writes:
> All I could find similar to PGOPTS was PGOPTIONS. Are they equivalent?  If they are, would it be
> safe to use PGOPTIONS in-place of PGOPTS in the /etc/conf.d/postgresql conf file?

There is no such animal as PGOPTS referenced anywhere in the current
Postgres source tree, so I'm not entirely sure what you think PGOPTS
does.  If you are looking at the current postgresql RPM init script,
its PGOPTS is nothing more than a local shell variable in that script,
and it does nothing except what you see the script do with it (ie,
pass some command-line switches to the postmaster).

            regards, tom lane