Re: Maximum Number Tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Maximum Number Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 00:28, Ashvinder Singh wrote:
>> What is the maximum number of tables I can have in a PGSql Database,
>> without affecting performance?

> The number of tables is irrelevant,

Not necessarily ... if you are using a filesystem in which directory
lookups in large directories are inefficient, you could have a problem,
since each table will correspond to a file within the database
directory.  If you're planning on having more than a few thousand
tables you'll want to choose a filesystem that copes well with large
directories.

But having said that, an application that needs several thousand
distinct tables is usually an application that needs a redesign.
Consider folding the data into fewer tables with more key columns.

Сообщение: Re: SSL client configuration ...
Сообщение: Re: SSL client configuration ...