Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On Wednesday, September 03, 2003 14:00:55 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

>> > My new patch will optionally use it if it exists, but we still need to
>> > know if it is required so if we don't find it, we throw an error.
>>
>> On UnixWare, either should be thread-safe, to the best of my knowledge.
>> HOWEVER,
>> UnixWare has the getpwuid_r version, and since our API(from thread.c) is
>> the _r signature,
>> we should just return getpwuid_r(...,....,..., etc).
>
> OK, I have marked Unixware as not requiring *_r functions.  I decided
> against optionally using the *_r functions if they exist because it
> requires more tests/defines in configure.in, the standard changed the
> arguments for some *_r functions over time (from drafts), and there is
> no advantage if the libc versions are thread-safe already.
Ok, I guess I can live with this, but our API from the rest of libpq to
thread.c is
the getpwuid_r() api.

I would think it would make more sense to use it if it's available.

LER

От: ohp@pyrenet.fr
Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?