Re: initdb createuser commands

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: initdb createuser commands
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30/10/16 11:25, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 10/29/2016 3:02 PM, Samuel Williams wrote:
>> FYI,https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PostgreSQL mentions initdb,
>> createuser, createdb and several others. I think my suggestion is
>> still relevant and something that would improve the system for new
>> users
>
> and it would break it for the existing community that has up to 20
> years of experience with it, as well as breaking virtually all
> existing documentation, books, howto articles, etc, including the one
> you linked.

I think it would be good to have all the postgresql utilities prefixed
by pg_ to keep them together, but have aliases so existing scripts &
documentation (especially 3rd party) were still relevant.

However, I wouldn't consider it the highest priority.

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Melvin Davidson
Сообщение: Re: initdb createuser commands
От: Samuel Williams
Сообщение: Re: initdb createuser commands