Re: PgAdmin2 stopped working

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PgAdmin2 stopped working
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

I'm not going to get into that argument again. pgAdmin was written in VB
'cos in 1997 when it was started, people were shouting out for a Windows
frontend. pgAccess already existed, but iirc didn't run on Windows at
that time. I wrote it in VB 'cos that's what I knew then. If you think
it would be better in Python then download the ~30K lines of code from
http://cvs.pgadmin.org and feel free to start porting.

> The problem is that PgAdmin crashes with an error and claims
> that some ActiveX component is missing and I'm feeling
> frustrated because I'm not able to debug even if the software
> is free - but I'm missing the relevant tools to debug it.

Try re-installing MDAC (2.6 would be good) and then if required, pgAdmin
as well.

> Any idea what might be missing here.  I really have no clue
> under Win because I do all my every day work under Linux.
> Thus I tried to follow the hints under PgAdmin - Wine but it
> also crashed and the PgAdmin-Wine.HOWTO seems not to be finished.

No, the pgadmin-wine.HOWTO isn't even started 'cos Wine doesn't want to
play ball.

Regards, Dave.