Re: PgAdmin2 stopped working

От Tille, Andreas
Тема Re: PgAdmin2 stopped working
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Dave Page wrote:

> I'm not going to get into that argument again. pgAdmin was written in VB
> 'cos in 1997 when it was started, people were shouting out for a Windows
> frontend. pgAccess already existed, but iirc didn't run on Windows at
> that time. I wrote it in VB 'cos that's what I knew then. If you think
> it would be better in Python then download the ~30K lines of code from
> http://cvs.pgadmin.org and feel free to start porting.
Be sure I know the this usual answer and be assured that I spend lots
of my spare time to write free software. I just want to make clear that
I did a side note (thats why I enclided my text into () ) about my
thoughts on writing Open Source software using Closed Software tools.
You are not able to *prove* security if you depend from Closed Source
software and this sucks in my opinion.  It was no offense - it was a
hint.  Sometimes it is worth the effort to drop some knowledge and
learn new things.  But feel free to ignore those hints.  This is no
"I'm against Windows flame" - this is just the result of my reasoning
how database processing could be done securely.
(At least I'm happy that I've got some news in private mail that
somebody is working on the thing you suggested.)

> Try re-installing MDAC (2.6 would be good) and then if required, pgAdmin
> as well.
I found only 2.5 available online but it worked so far.  Thanks.

> No, the pgadmin-wine.HOWTO isn't even started 'cos Wine doesn't want to
> play ball.
Did anybody tried to contact the Wine people about that problem?
At least somebody had access in the past if I read yout mail archive ...

Kind regards

          Andreas.

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Error connecting with PGADMIN II
От: "Stefano Flaim"
Сообщение: RE: Error connecting with PGADMIN II