PgAdmin2 stopped working

От Tille, Andreas
Тема PgAdmin2 stopped working
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

I used PgAdmin2-1.2.0 under Win-NT (insllation about two years old).
Our network admin started a complete automatical setup (which is usually
done here in our institute) with the recent program version of several
Win stuff - please do not ask me what stuff was installed.  I quite
nearly use my Win-box - in principle using PgAdmin ist the only application.
(And yes, I have a very different opinion about this which was expressed
when you search the archive to the keyword "wine" and get there the thread
with topic "Linux Version".  At least it is strange that there is no
comparable *NIX-Version and I see no reason to uses non-free stuff to
develope production critical tools.  Python or some other portable
development environment whould be much more sane than VB in my opinion.)

The problem is that PgAdmin crashes with an error and claims that some
ActiveX component is missing and I'm feeling frustrated because I'm not
able to debug even if the software is free - but I'm missing the relevant
tools to debug it.

Any idea what might be missing here.  I really have no clue under Win
because I do all my every day work under Linux.  Thus I tried to follow
the hints under PgAdmin - Wine but it also crashed and the PgAdmin-Wine.HOWTO
seems not to be finished.

Any help?

Kind regards

           Andreas.

PS: I'm not subscribed to this list.  So a foreward would be kind.