Re: [SQL] An easy question about creating a primary key

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] An easy question about creating a primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Now that I look at it, I think I made the relevant changes in the
parser:

* doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_table.sgml, src/backend/catalog/pg_type.c,src/backend/commands/command.c,
src/backend/parser/analyze.c,src/backend/tcop/utility.c,
src/include/commands/command.h,src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h,src/test/regress/expected/alter_table.out,src/test/regress/expected/foreign_key.out:
BreaktransformCreateStmt()into multiple routines and maketransformAlterStmt() use these routines, instead of having
lotsofduplicate (not to mention should-have-been-duplicate) code.  Addinga column with a CHECK constraint actually
worksnow, and the teststo reject unsupported DEFAULT and NOT NULL clauses actually firenow.  ALTER TABLE ADD PRIMARY
KEYworks, modulo having to havecreated the column(s) NOT NULL already.

I was mainly interested in eliminating the inconsistencies in parse-time
handling of CREATE TABLE and ALTER TABLE, and the ensuing bugs mentioned
in the commit log.  I didn't think much about the possibility that I was
obsoleting stuff in command.c, but maybe I did.

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] An easy question about creating a primary key
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] An easy question about creating a primary key