Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Plugge, Joe R." <JRPlugge@west.com> writes:
> Understood, but I thought that the install routine (in this case compiled from source on RHEL 6) will create the
localuser and group named postgres and chown the config and data dirs to that ....

The unmodified Postgres sources will certainly do no such thing.

От: "Plugge, Joe R."
Сообщение: Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?
От: "Plugge, Joe R."
Сообщение: Re: Installing Postgres without the postgres user and group on Linux?