Re: Stats collector frozen?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats collector frozen?
Дата
Re: Stats collector frozen?  ("Jeremy Haile" <jhaile@fastmail.fm>)
Список pgsql-general
"Jeremy Haile" <jhaile@fastmail.fm> writes:
> Unfortunately I don't have any debugging tools installed that would work
> against postgres - although I'd be glad to do something if you could
> tell me the steps involved.  I can reproduce the issue quite easily on
> two different Windows machines (one is XP, the other is 2003).

Sorry, I don't know anything about Windows debugging either.  Can you
put together a test case that would let one of the Windows-using hackers
reproduce it?

> Do you know of any workaround other than restarting the whole server?
> Can the collector be restarted individually?

On Unix you can just 'kill -TERM' the collector process and the postmaster
will start a new one without engaging in a database panic cycle.  Dunno
what the equivalent is on Windows but it's probably possible.