Re: Stats collector frozen?

От Jeremy Haile
Тема Re: Stats collector frozen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'll try to put together a test case for hackers, although I'm not sure
what exactly causes it.

Basically, when I fire up PostgreSQL - after about a minute the stats
collector runs once (pgstat.stat is updated, autovacuum fires up, etc.)
- and then the collector seems to hang.  If I watch it's performance
information, it does not read or write to disk again and pgstat.stat is
never updated again.  It never updates pgstat.stat more than once after
restart.  There are no errors in the log

I tried killing the collector a variety of ways on Windows, but it seems
to terminate indefinitely.  I don't see a kill program for windows that
lets me specify the signal to use.  So other than restarting PostgreSQL,
I'm not sure how to workaround this problem.

If anyone else is experiencing similar problems, please post your
situation.