Re: Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my> writes:
> At 10:26 PM 18-02-2001 -0500, newsreader@mediaone.net wrote:
>> wrong!  still too many clients.. aaaaargh

> How much shared memory have you set in your kernel?

If the postmaster starts up, then he's got shared memory configured
high enough for the number of buffers and backends he's asking for.

My bet is he's got a startup script or postmaster.opts file that's
setting maxbackends to some fairly small number.  Changing the default
maxbackends in the build is a complete waste of time, really, since it
can be overridden in any case by a command line switch or options file.