Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 10:26 PM 18-02-2001 -0500, newsreader@mediaone.net wrote:
>wrong!  still too many clients.. aaaaargh

How much shared memory have you set in your kernel? You may need to
increase SHMMAX and stuff like that (and recompile+reinstall kernel :( ).
Take a look at FAQ 3.9 again.

/usr/src/include/asm-i386/shmparam.h

There doesn't appear to be an authoritative "this is the right value for
SHMMAX". But I figure what works for installing Oracle should work for
Postgresql :). So you could do a google search on oracle, linux and shmmax
for examples. It doesn't seem to matter that much as long as there's enough
and you don't go overboard :).

Also what I found was the Linux 2.2.x sources I downloaded from
www.kernel.org would default to a rather low "max tasks" (max number of
processes)- NR_TASKs was 512 or something resulting with an even lower
figure for MAX_TASKS_PER_USER. In contrast Redhat sets those to about 2000+
for their kernels. So values thereabouts should be safe.

Cheerio,
Link.