Re: 9.0 PDF build broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.0 PDF build broken
Дата
Re: 9.0 PDF build broken
Список pgsql-hackers
> Mysteriously, commit 6b2a1445ec8a631060c4cbff3f172bf31d3379b9 has broken
> the PDF build (openjade + pdfjadetex) in the 9.0 branch only.  The error
> is

> [256.0.28
> ! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
> fstartlink.

Oh, not that again.

> I have reproduced this on two different platforms, and it affects only
> this branch.  I guess this change might have caused the page boundaries
> to shift in an unfortunate way.  I seem to recall we have had similar
> problems before.  Does anyone remember?

Yeah.  This is caused by a hyperlink whose displayed text crosses a page
boundary.  The only known fix is to change the text enough so the link
no longer runs across a page boundary.  Unfortunately, pdfTeX is pretty
unhelpful about identifying exactly where the problem is.  I seem to
recall having posted a recipe about finding such problems.