Re: 9.0 PDF build broken

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: 9.0 PDF build broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-05-15 22:27:42 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Mysteriously, commit 6b2a1445ec8a631060c4cbff3f172bf31d3379b9 has broken
> > the PDF build (openjade + pdfjadetex) in the 9.0 branch only.  The error
> > is
>
> > [256.0.28
> > ! pdfTeX error (ext4): \pdfendlink ended up in different nesting level than \pd
> > fstartlink.

> > I have reproduced this on two different platforms, and it affects only
> > this branch.  I guess this change might have caused the page boundaries
> > to shift in an unfortunate way.  I seem to recall we have had similar
> > problems before.  Does anyone remember?
>
> Yeah.  This is caused by a hyperlink whose displayed text crosses a page
> boundary.  The only known fix is to change the text enough so the link
> no longer runs across a page boundary.  Unfortunately, pdfTeX is pretty
> unhelpful about identifying exactly where the problem is.  I seem to
> recall having posted a recipe about finding such problems.

Hm. Could a nonbreaking space be used inside such links to prevent the
issue (i.e.  )? That seems slightly more robust than trying to
rephrase sentences to avoid the issue.
It'd even be nicer if those could be added automagically in the tex
conversio. I have no idea how that works right now though.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services