Re: Setting PG-version without recompiling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting PG-version without recompiling
Дата
Re: [JDBC] Setting PG-version without recompiling  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> writes:
> Hi.   I'm up for testing 9.4 but my JDBC-driver fails to connect due to PG's
> minor-version string: "4beta1". Is it possible to set this somewhere without
> recompiling PG?

No, and even if you could, that would be the wrong approach.  The right
approach is to fix the JDBC driver to not complain about such version
strings.  I'm a bit surprised they haven't done so long since, considering
how long PG beta versions have been tagged like that.  For that matter,
they really ought not complain about strings like "9.5devel" or
"9.5alpha2" either.