Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> At 2015-05-27 20:22:18 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:
>> I doubt that that (not using AllocateDir) […]

> (Disregarding per your followup.)

>> What I think is a reasonable compromise is to treat AllocateDir
>> failure as nonfatal, but to continue using ReadDir etc which means
>> that any post-open failure in reading a successfully-opened directory
>> would be fatal.

> OK, that's halfway between the two patches I posted. Will do.

Thought you were disregarding?

Anyway, I had an idea about reducing the ugliness.  What you basically
did is copy-and-paste ReadDir so you could change the elevel.  What
about turning ReadDir into a wrapper around a ReadDirExtended function
that adds an elevel argument?