Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Abhijit Menon-Sen
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously  (Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2015-05-27 20:22:18 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

> I doubt that that (not using AllocateDir) […]

(Disregarding per your followup.)

> What I think is a reasonable compromise is to treat AllocateDir
> failure as nonfatal, but to continue using ReadDir etc which means
> that any post-open failure in reading a successfully-opened directory
> would be fatal.

OK, that's halfway between the two patches I posted. Will do.

> Meanwhile, it seems like you have copied a couple of very dubious
> decisions in initdb's walktblspc_links(): […]
>
> Now, we don't really have to do anything about these things in order
> to fix the immediate problem, but I wonder if we shouldn't try to
> clean up initdb's behavior while we're at it.

OK, I'll fix that in both.

> Independently of that, I thought the plan was to complain about any
> problems at LOG message level, not DEBUG1, and definitely not WARNING
> (which is lower than LOG for this purpose).

I'll change the level to LOG for fsync_fname_ext, but I think DEBUG1 is
more appropriate for the pre_sync_fname run. Or do you think I should
use LOG for that too?

> And why would you use a different message level for pg_xlog/ than for
> other files anyway?

That was just a mistake, I forgot to change it after copying.

Thanks for having a look. I'll post a revised patch shortly.

-- Abhijit

Сообщение: Re: About that re-release ...
Сообщение: Re: About that re-release ...